Wednesday, December 30, 2009

“Tomorrow is the Song I Sing”
Richard Gillis

Tomorrow is the song I sing
Yesterday don't mean a thing
I'll make today my next day's dawn
And I'll still be here grinning
when the sun goes down

I'll get through this day first
It's not the worst
I don't care
I'll be there
to put the sun to bed

Tomorrow is the song I sing
Tomorrow ragmen can be kings
The smile I wear will be my crown
And I'll be lighting up a lifetime
when the sun goes down

Course sometimes kings may ragmen be
If it can happen to a king,
it can happen to me

Tomorrow's still the song I sing
Good or bad, whatever it brings
Got no choice, greet the day
And whatever debts I owe to fate,
I'll make fate pay

If I don't make it through
It's up to you
To do your share
And be there
to put the sun to bed

Tomorrow'll be the song you sing
Yesterday won't mean a thing
Make today your next day's dawn
You'll still be here grinning
when today's all gone

No comments: