Thursday, April 9, 2009

Quotations
Abraham Lincoln
1809-1865 American

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.
Abraham Lincoln

Quarrel not at all. No man resolved to make the most of himself can spare time for personal contention.
Abraham Lincoln, correspondence

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.
Abraham Lincoln

When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion.
Abraham Lincoln (attributed)

Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally.
Abraham Lincoln

The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.
Abraham Lincoln

No comments: