Friday, February 13, 2009

“I Ain't Ever Satisfied”
Steve Earle
1955- American

I was born by the railroad track
The train whistle wailed and I wailed right back
Papa left mama when I was quite young
He said, "Now one of these days, you're gonna follow me, son"

I ain't ever satisfied

Now I had me a woman, she was my world
But I ran off with a back street girl
Now my back street woman could not be true
She left me standing on the boulevard, thinking about you

I ain't ever satisfied

I got an empty feeling deep inside
I'm going over to the other side

Last night I dreamed I made it to the promised land
I was standing at the gate and I had the key in my hand
Saint Peter said, "Come in, boy, you're finally home"
I said, "No thank you, Pete, I'll just be moving along"

I ain't ever satisfied

No comments: